Saturday 13 August 2011

Summer friends.


Oh! I sure had fun with this one.  The new Spicy Supply Challenge over at Gingersnap Creations
GC114 is - Baby wipes. To use them in some way on your work.
So first of all , the wipes I had currently in use were only good for the bin. So I left a few out to dry a bit, searched out some old ink pads that were destined for the bin , but hadn't found the way to it yet.
Can you tell I wasn't sure what I was doing at this stage, it was all experiments.
I spritzed the pads with water then blotted them on the wipes. The result  didn't look so bad and I left them to dry.
Two small pieces I used as layers  using Alterations dies  to cut out the heart and some flowers.
The image is a Crafty Individuals stamp coloured with cosmic shimmer watercolour paint.

This will also I think fit the new Stampman challenge  Challenge 29 .  Anything goes with summer colours

Thankyou for stopping by I realy appreciate your comments.

15 comments:

  1. Very inventive Yvonne, the coloured baby wipes look great. Another lovely card. Jean x

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a lovely use of baby wipes far better than there original use.....lol
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another fab piece Yvonne, love what you have done with the baby wipes, my mojo hasn't got working on this challenge yet !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful and what a great idea. Love how it all worked out. Thanks for joining in The Stamp Man challenge and have a great day. Angela

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous! Love the colours you used too. A way better use for baby wipes when you are long passed babies like me. ha ha
    Chris xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing what you have created with baby wipes! I keep forgetting to save some!! Love the Summer friends and the colors of your flower and heart! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Terrific use of baby wipes Yvonne, such a fab idea. Great card with smashing colours. Thank you for playing along with us at Gingersnaps. Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous! Excellent soft colors and, of course, texture!

    Love the theme, too! Summer friends are the BEST friends!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ohhh what a wonderful tactile card. I love how you did this one my friend. its a precious summer card.
    have a lovely week
    hugs June xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fantastic use of the baby wipe, it looks really wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love it Yvonne, a great idea, what would we do without baby wipes!!! Thank you for entering your card into The Stamp Man Anything Goes Summer Colours challenge.

    Jill x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great card!! I love how you die-cut the wipes. Thanks for playing the Gingersnaps challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this! Come by my blog for a little Puddin N Pie
    http://georgie-hornpuddinnpie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yvonne, this is such a sweet card, and the colors are fabulous. Never would have guessed the pretty die-cuts were wipes!

    Congratulations on being chosen as Ginger Gem in the Spicy Supply Challenge at Gingersnap Creations!

    :)

    ReplyDelete