Tuesday 31 January 2012

Book cover






This weeks challenge over at Try it on Tuesdays
is to 'Alter it and add texture'.


 I decided to make a cover for a 'fat page book'
4 x 4 inches
The embossed layers were all stamped with a variety of stamps before going through the Bigshot and brayer. The colouring is weathered wood, and bundled sage
distress inks.






The central shape was triple embossed and sprinkled with mica powder,
 I pressed in the daisy stamp quickly before the whole thing set hard.





Here is the finished book, ready hold my calendar swap pages as I get them each month.
Please pop over and see what my DT mates have made this time, and  see all the challenge details. We hope you will  join us .




Thankyou for stopping by I realy appreciate your comments

12 comments:

  1. Hi Yvonne. I am playing catch up. What a treat it has been. Stunning projects.
    Regards Florence xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty little book, love the stamped flower in the center!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful Yvonne and I love the colours! I look forward to seeing the calendar pages you and your friend make, such a good idea:)
    Val x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really Lovely cover-the colours and flower stand out on it.

    Great idea xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous book cover, I love the embossed flower tile. Jean x

    ReplyDelete
  6. A fabulous 'touchy feely' book Yvonne but what on earth is a 'fat page book'? Don't laugh, I can't help it!!
    Hope you're having a great start to the week
    x Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Yvonne this is fab love the gorgeous texture on here and the green tones are sensational !

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  8. A fabulous piece with great details on it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow just loving this Yvonne
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  10. I always like looking at altered art but it's not my thing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is such a wonderful project Yvonne. Love the triple embossing. xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous textures and colours Yvonne, I love the UTEE piece in the centre too.

    ReplyDelete