Wednesday 14 March 2012

Tag for March


I didn't get February's tag done, but have managed to have a go at the one for March.
What is she talking about I can hear you saying.
Well, instead of the 12 tags of Christmas , Tim Holtz is guiding us through a tag for  each month of the year.
All the details and techniques   can be found here.


I did not have anywhere near all the items he used, but like most crafters, I had a quick search for stuff that might fit the bill.
The butterflies gave me the most problems as I used embossing powder instead of the recommended stuff. Still , I was quite pleased  how they turned out, and with a quick glance it does look a bit like Faux Mosaic.

I will also  be entering this tag  at Gingersnapcreations GC 139 Random Redhead Challenge-Use a Faux Technique.

Thankyou for stopping by, I realy appreciate your comments.

16 comments:

  1. great tag Yvonne, love the textured background
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love, love, love those butterflies!!!
    A really gorgeous tag Meggymay.
    Dot x

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're doing much better than me Yvonne as I haven't done any (yet!). I did watch his video (Tim Holtz that is) and I think your tag is fab - the butterflies really do have a mosaic look to them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous butterflies! I just love your take on Tim's tag! You may not have had all the items, but there is no lacking here!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aren't those butterflies fun to make :) lovely tag Yvonne
    x♥x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is gorgeous
    Well Done
    Hugs Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous tag Yvonne, love your butterflies they look like stained glass!I think the papers you chose are more effective than Tim's:)
    Val x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Yvonne. It is always more fun improvising with the stash you have. Super tag. Really like that textured background.
    Regards Florence xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely Tag Yvonne. Great textures. This is the first I have heard of this Tim Holtz challenge. (Where have I been you may ask). A tag a month sounds much less stressful than 10 in December. I didn't even try last year, kne it would never happen. I may just have to go and investigate this though.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful tag and love those gorgeous butterflies, great technique.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so gorgeous! LOVE those faux mosaic butterflies--the texture on this tag is superb! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your embossed bckgound and the mosaic butterflies look good on this tag.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, your tag looks fantastic, the butterflies are outstanding.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your mosaic turned out beautifully - great tag! Thanks for playing along once again with Gingersnap Creations!

    ReplyDelete