Saturday 1 June 2013

Fathers Day


'Fathers Day', is the new challenge theme at Sugar Creek Hollow.
The card I made will be used as a Birthday card,  I took the route of making a masculine  card,  sadly my Dad is no longer with us.
Please pop over for all the details and see what we have all been making.
I used  Kraft card for the base layer, with extra shading round the edges  with Walnut stain distress ink.
The embossed layer was rubbed over with an old ink pad to colour the raised details. 
Inkylicious is the maker of the stamp I used for my main image. After taking the blunt scissors round the edges, I shaded it with Vintage photo distress ink. 

This is another scheduled post, I will be catching up with you all soon.
Thank you for stopping by, I always appreciate your comments.

12 comments:

  1. Beautiful card, and a good theme! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great man card, I love all the texture and the lovely anchor charm.
    Jean x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful masculine card and will make a fabulous birthday card! Love the image and embossed panel. Enjoy the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great male card Yvonne, hope you are having a great time whilst blogger takes care of the automated postings :-)

    Sally

    ReplyDelete
  5. terrific card Yvonne, hope you are having a grand time. Annette x

    http://nettysartadventures.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  6. such a lovely card Yvonne, love the iamge and the little anchor charm is a great finishing touch
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great manly card, just love that stamp image!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A fabulous design Yvonne.
    Hugs Brenda xox

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fantastic male card Yvonne-love the stamped image you used

    Love Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love blue and brown together so, while it's a great masculine card, I'd also be really happy to receive it!!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Yvonne, I love everything--especially the blue inked embossing--it's just wonderful! Warms my vintage-loving heart!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the embossing and your stamped image, gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete