Wednesday 12 March 2014

Ella


Another journal page to show you today, and as the sun was shining here today I felt I just had to use some spring color..  Also I realy needed to try out one of the new stamps I let drop into my shopping basket recently. I fell in love with this  new set by Diana Wakley.




As I cannot draw figures or faces, this might just be the set I have been waiting for,   any excuse, but this is so true.
The page was first painted with cream acrylic paint, then swiped over with Old paper and Broken china distress stain. Not my usual colors to distress things, but I am trying to keep the colors lighter on this page.
I stamped my main image at this stage, making a mask to cover the area  as I added the background.
Next came the TH hearts mask using. pale pink Pans Pastels,
A bit of random stamping next, with my favorite french script stamp and a Poppy stamped with Mowed Lawn DI
On to the Doily mask and a bit of grunge Paste for texture. I left the mask in place till nearly dry, and used Pickled Raspberry distress ink to shade  the pattern.

Now back to Ella I drew a suggestion of her body [need practice here].
Then used  Spectrum Noir pencils to color the image. A bit more  light shading at the bottom of the page with what was left on my sponge, and I decided that was time to stop.

Sorry the photos are not in the right order, I did try but blogger wasn't helping me  to get it right.
I will be joining the challenges at-
Addicted to Stamps and More - Challenge 86 Anything Goes.
Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - D is for distress

I would like to say hello and welcome to my new followers and thank you for joining me on my crafty journey.
The comments everyone leaves  are always appreciated.





17 comments:

  1. Your journal page is so beautiful. the textured layers, the subtle colours - all fab. Thanks so much for playing along with ASM this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another beautiful piece, Yvonne, love the colours. Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, this is stunning. I really haven't ever thought of creating a journal so thanks for the inspiration! Thanks so much for playing along at ATSM xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice new stamp Yvonne, I don't really have any people stamps or at least the few I have are very stylised! The page as a whole looks lovely, what make is the poppy? One of my favourite flowers/weeds!

    Sally

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loving your very pretty page, Annette x

    http://nettysartadventures.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the pretty spring colours you used here, and the grunge paste adds some great texture.
    Jean x

    ReplyDelete
  7. A lovely page Yvonne, love the spring colours, and great image.
    Avril xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so lovely - I love the springtime colours, and the wonderful doily stencilling. Great use of the new stamp, and she's so beautifully tinted. Fabulous page!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such a beautiful art journal page. Love the pretty background colors and patterns. Your drawing is wonderful. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a lovely page, and your new stamps are beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Truly a watercolour wonder! Thanks so much for sharing with us this week at Addicted to Stamps and More, please join us again soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. A stunning journal page and I love the texture you added.

    Chrissie x

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is a beautiful journal page.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yvonne, this is a beautiful journal page! I love you soft color palette, so inviting of spring! That image is so sweet! Have a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  15. loving the texture and colour palette Yvonne
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  16. That's a wonderful page. Fantastic spring feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous - so totally gorgeous. Beautifully done!
    Sandy xx

    ReplyDelete