Friday 11 July 2014

Journal 52 pages.

I have been catching up with my Journal 52 pages. It is still sunny and very warm  here in Yorkshire, so it was good to sit in the shade and get a bit creative.

Up first is Week 27, our prompt was Nostalgia.


My take on 'nostalgia' with my limited supplies was to think back to my own children, when they were young. Everything seemed magical, each  day was to  discovery  something new, the questions never stopped. How else do they learn. .
The page had already been random stamped, I then added an alphabet stencil.
The children were stencilled onto a book page, then fussy cut. the fairy was also a stencil.
The shadings are distress inks and watercolours.

There are a couple of challenges that I will also be joining--
Thats Crafty Challenges  - Masks stencils and Templates
=============================================
This is Week 26, the prompt was 'Under the sea'.


I did bring the image of the mermaid and sea horse with me.
 The background was painted, the weedy stuff was stencilled.
It needs a few fish I think, but this will have to wait till I get back home.

I would like to say Hello to my new followers, I will visit you soon.
Thank you for stopping by, the comments you leave are always appreciated.

19 comments:

  1. Wow, both pages are fantastic. Love your take on the Nostalgia prompt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both pages are stunning Yvonne, amazing stencilling on the top one!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two fab pages Yvonne & the little mermaid is so cute - she makes me want to sit under the sea & swap stories with her :-)

    Sally

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pages , both of them, but the first one is my favorite, great image and colours !!! Great ART!!

    Greetings
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love both of your pages, and the first one really has something magical about it, love the whole composition! Have fun in Yorkshire, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful page. I made it a bit bigger to see all wat you have doen. Really love your first page. It is a story.
    Love the way you did the flower stamping.
    It is very hot here in the Netherlands too. Wish you a creative weekend Anneke.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous pages Yvonne .....I love the stencilled background and layers you have created. Sweet little mermaid

    TFS
    Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both terrific pages Yvonne.

    Hope the sun is still shining for you--thick fog here this morning so far :(

    Love Chrissie x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful pages, Yvonne! I really like all your pages. Best wishes, Ingrid x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Two wonderful pages Yvonne :)
    Von ♥

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous pages, Yvonne! I love the text print on the images and the stenciling. Dreamy pages.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those pages are terrific ,Yvonne. I love the great stenciling and the cute images.
    Hugs, Mar

    ReplyDelete
  13. Both are gorgeous, Yvonne.

    Have a wonderful weekend

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great pieces Yvonne, you amaze me with what you can create while you are away.
    Happy Sunday. hugs Brenda xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fantastic - I especially love your 'nostalgia' page xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. These are both brilliant pages. I love the cute little mermaid, but my favourite is the top one with a real nostalgic feel.
    Jean x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great pages... Am completely in love with the first one - the boy and girl are absolutely perfect in tinted book text, heading off into that magical garden. Wonderful!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Amazing pages - particularly like the way you have stencilled on to book pages and fussy cut on the first one - The background on the second one is stunning and yes I agree a couple of fish would finish it off

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great bit of stencilling, lovely journal pages :) Thanks for joining us at CVC xx

    ReplyDelete