Wednesday 29 July 2015

Post a memory for AJJ


There is still another few days  for the theme of 
'Post....postage',  to run at Art Journal Journey.
One of the things I enjoy about this blog  is that I can  be myself, no pressure, go with the flow and have fun.
So another page to share, the base was a piece of paper pre-printed with post small cards,
this I gave a light covering with watered down gesso.
My usual bit of random stamping using whatever was lying on the desk at the time.
I had to use my all time favourite image of the vintage wedding couple [Queens Dresser Drawers].
Stencils and a bit of texture came next [Tim Holtz and Andy Skinner].
The postage stamps I had were modern ones and an old rubber stamp, 
 but hey, this is just my way of relaxing enjoying being creative.
I know I have some old ones somewhere, but why get stressed.
Now I must face having a bit of a tidy up  in my craft room, the desk is covered with clutter,
there is only a tiny space left to work in and I need to unearth the tweezers .
Very handy to hold the pieces ,when heat embossing, save burning the fingers.

Thank you for stopping by to see what I have been making.
I always appreciate the comments you leave for me.

19 comments:

  1. What a fabulous page! I love the subtle colours......and the modern stamps! I know what you mean about having a tidy up. ...I couldn't start anything this morning....it really had got into a state! Had a productive afternoon though! !! Hugs, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous page today.I love your background and your layout. And I know about messy work spaces. Mine is a disaster right now but it is so hot and humid I can't find the energy to clean it up. But a messy space means you had a fun and happy time I hope, and it sounds that way in your post. Have a great one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely page Yvonne, love the subtle colour mix for the background and that's a lovely vintage wedding couple. I've been trying to keep the craft room tidy, but something went wrong this week, I think it was called lack of time!
    Avril xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Truly wonderful page Yvonne and I must agree with what you said about freedom of this challenge blog

    Love Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you had fun making your page, I know that feeling. Love all the details! Thanks so much for joining us again at AJJ, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow,love your fantastic page,love the soft texture on it and all lovely details,love that.

    oxo jenny

    ReplyDelete
  7. A very romantic page Yvonne, loving the gorgeous textures here.xx
    {aNNie My Personal Blog}

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous. Every thing fits perfectly.
    Very inspiring Meggy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A wonderful page Yvonne! I love this gorgeous layered background.. amazing!
    I am very happy to hear that you like AJJ and have fun there.
    I am looking forward to the next month....♥♥♥

    Thank you for another fab idea for the postage theme!
    oxo
    Susi

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like the added postage stamps, and the lovely couple image. Perfect vintage page.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This page is gorgeous, Yvonne! I love the romantic stamp and especially the fantastic combination of stenciled. The colour combo is super! Hugs, Mar

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful Yvonne. Such wonderful layering with your stencils! Love the touches of crackle paste. hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful page Yvonne !! the colours are fabulous, and I love the couple stamp and the stenciled leaves.. Big hugs. Caty.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Liking this one a lot Yvonne! I'm being lazy today....

    Sally

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love love love this page - colours, layers, romance, nostalgia, texture - perfection!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. what a fabbie page, love all the wonderful layers
    hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous old style romance with an artful page that tells a story. I love all those layers you created.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  18. A fabulous page, I love the vintage style stamp and lovely swirly stencil you used.
    Jean x

    ReplyDelete
  19. No pressure and having fun makes for one lovely journal page! This page is such fun and full of wonderful layers! Love it!

    ReplyDelete